How to use
To relieve stress
Adults: Just inhaling the scent of rose has a therapeutic effect on the mind and your body.
Children: Add 1- 2 drops of rose essential oil to the top and bottom of the feet right before bed.
To promote sleep and induce calmness
Blend 1 drop of rose oil in 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of almond oil and massage the temples and neck right before bed.
Children: A study indicated that children between the age of 5 and 12 years that inhaled Rosa Damascena essential oil during a period of two weeks have shown positive results. The children fell asleep after 5 – 15 minutes of inhalation of Rosa Damascena.
Use 5 drops of Rosa damascena oil on a cotton ball and give children to inhale before bed for 20 minutes during a period of two weeks.
To alleviate anxiety
Take a 15-minute inhalation and footbath with Rosa Damascena essential oil
Calmness & relaxation blend
Use this combination as a diffuser blend:
• 4 drops of Rose essential oil
• 4 drops of Lavender essential oil
• 4 drops of Bergamot essential oil
Diffuse for up to 30 minutes at a time.
• Recommended for adults.
• For children replace bergamot with 4 drops of Chamomile oil.
• Rosa Damascena essential oil should be avoided in patients with a known allergy to Rose oil.
• Allergy test: Use one drop of the essential oil and rub it on your inner forearm. Wait for 15 minutes. If there is redness, skin irritation, or any allergic reaction, discontinue use immediately.
• Less is more – one or two drops are generally sufficient. Essential oils are highly concentrated.
• Do not use Rose essential oil with any prescription medication!
• Pregnancy: Rose oil is contra-indicated in the first trimester of pregnancy.
• Helps to relieve stress, nervous tension and lowers high blood pressure
• Supports strengthening and calming the heart and emotions
• Uplifts mood and regulates breathing patterns
• Reduces anxiety, depression, grief, and nervousness and alleviates panic attacks
• Lifts and prevents (post-natal) depression
• Stimulates and elevates the mind and enhances a sense of well being