How to use
Cold sores: Apply Melissa oil directly to cold sore at the first sign of tingling or breakout. Reapply every hour for the first day, then 2 to 3 times a day for three more days.
Adults: Dilute 3 drops of Melissa essential oil with 2 Tsp (Children: with 4 Tsp) carrier oil (Jojoba/Sweet Almond oil). Massage topically to the area of concern.
Do not use on children under age 2 due to possible skin irritation.
Sleep and Anxiety
Adults/children: Apply 2 drops each of Melissa and Lavender essential oil onto a linen cloth. Slip the cloth inside your pillow case before bed.
Dilute 3 drops in a teaspoon of jojoba oil and apply to brain stem area at back of neck.
• Allergy test: Use one drop of the essential oil and rub it on your inner forearm. Wait for 15 minutes. If there is redness, skin irritation or any allergic reaction, discontinue use immediately.
• Diabetes. Melissa might lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Watch for signs of low blood sugar
• Do not use Melissa essential oil with any prescription medication!
• Pregnancy: Do not use Melissa oil during pregnancy.
• Antiviral and antimicrobial properties
• Can be used to inhibit the spread of viral infections
• Helps promote a restful sleep
• Alleviates stress
• Soothing and memory enhancing qualities